- Venturefest South West champions the most cutting edge innovation, technology and entrepreneurship coming out of Devon, Cornwall and Somerset.
- The June event brings together talented small enterprise innovators and entrepreneurs from across the region along with investors on the lookout for emerging talent.
- Attendees can make valuable new connections and take away insights and advice from world-class speakers and the region’s trailblazing technology companies.
- Venturefest South West is on 17th June 2019 at Sandy Park, Exeter
- The event is being spearheaded by the universities of Falmouth, Plymouth and Exeter, the South West Academic Science Health Network, Plymouth City Council and Plymouth College of Art. Innovate UK facilitates the event with funding.
Thanks to our funding partners, tickets for the event are just £40 (plus VAT) for the full day, including lunch.
Following market research feedback for more networking opportunities, the 2019 event will begin each session with networking, creating more opportunities to meet and talk with other attendees.
The Industry Sessions
Each session will focus on a panel discussion led by a chair person with expert panellists. These will be broad in content with several viewpoints expressed, acting as a taster to the subject.
Innovative start-up businesses can apply for Pitchfest 2019. This free-to-enter pitching competition enables start-up businesses to pitch to influencers and investors. Selected business will also be given guidance and training before the event.
Pete Morris from Lockabox entered Pitchfest 2016, “Entering Pitchfest was very helpful for our company even though we didn’t win. The feedback we received help us to change the shape of the business and move into new areas, which have proved beneficial for us as a company.”